The Aravali Range, an eroded stub of ancient mountains, is the oldest range of Fold Mountains in India. The natural history of the Aravali Range dates back to a pre-Indian sub continental collision with the mainland Eurasian Plate. It is part of the Indian Shield that was formed from a series of cratonic collisions. In ancient times, Aravali were extremely high but have worn down almost completely by millions of years of weathering. The Aravali Range joins two of the ancient earth's crust segments that make up the greater Indian Craton, the Aravalli Craton and the Bundelkhand Craton generally found in the interiors of tectonic plates.
Haryana Aravali ranges, in the west contains basement rocks that are quartzite with chiastolite, the upper layers of quartz porphyry ring dyke, felsites, welded tuff and muscovite biotite granite rocks have commercially nonviable tin, tungsten and copper.
> The Aravali Range has been site of three broad stages of human history,
> early stone age saw the use of flint stones
> mid-stone age saw the domestication of cattle for agriculture
Post stone age saw the development of the Kalibangan civilization, 4,000 years old Ahar civilization and 2,800 years old Ganeshwar civilization, Aarayan civilization and Vedic era civilizations.
Mining - Mining of copper and other metals in the Aravali range dates back to at least 5th century BC Flora - The Aravali Range has several forests with a diversity of environment.
Fauna - The Aravali Range is rich in wildlife. The first 2017 wildlife survey of 200 square meter area across five districts (Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mewat, Rewari and Mahendergarh) of Haryana found 14 species, including leopards, striped hyena, golden jackal, nilgai, palm civet, wild pig, rhesus macaque, peafowl and Indian crested porcupine
ACCOMMODATION AT THE CAMP
The set up includes 7 unique lodges and 12 deluxe tents, the camp resort is spread over 12 acres of land. Most of the adventures are available here. Host of activities such as Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Flying fox, River crossing, Zorbing, Cycling, Raft Building, Obstacle course, Private forest, lots of team building games etc. The camp has featured magazines such as “Time Out” & TV channels
such as CNN IBN, CNBC, and NDTV Metro etc.
Weekend Getaway in the Aravali Range
OLDEST MOUNTAIN RANGE OF THE WORLD
Natural History & Geology
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
(Covering Adventure & Community Service)
> Local school visit
> Tree plantation activity
> Camp Cooking activity
> Adventure Activities session on Natural Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Low rope obstacle course
> Trek to the Hidden Lake
Picture Gallery - CLICK HERE
3 MINUTES VIDEOS - CLICK HERE
Itinerary - 3 DAYS/ 2 NIGHTS
DAY1 ARRIVE CAMP WILD / ACTIVITIES
● Arrive at the camp
● Welcome and lodge/ tents allocations
● Engage in adventure activities such as – Natural Rock Climbing, Rappelling (In winters, the sunsets around 6:00p.m)
● Soup & Bonfire
● Dinner and overnight (MEALS – Lunch, Eve Tea with snack, Soup, Dinner)
DAY2 HIDDEN LAKE TREK & LOW ROPE COURSE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
● Wake Up for a great sunrise from behind the Aravali
● Post breakfast, we trek to explore a hidden lake secretly tucked away about 5kms from the camp. The return trek is for about 10 kms.
● Return back to the camp for lunch at 1400hrs
● Visit the Obstacle Course – Burma Loops, Monkey Crawl, Swinging Tyres, Heebie Jeebie Combo, Burma Bridge, Planks/log/loop bridge, Twin rope missing planks bridge, Cat Walk, Commando Net, Tunnel Crawl, Hop Skotchetc
● Soup & Bonfire
● Dinner and overnight (MEALS – Breakfast, Lunch, Eve Tea with snack, Soup, Dinner)
DAY3 OFFSET CARBON FOOTPRINTS / DEPARTURE
● Post early breakfast, Offset our Carbon Footprints – Plantation of a tree in order to offset the carbon footprints generated.
MEALS – Breakfast
~ END OF PROGRAM ~