If you are looking for a farmhouse near Delhi for the weekend break, then a highly recommended place for the best weekend getaway from Faridabad can be no other than Camp Wild Dhauj at Aravali Valley. In fact, amongst the closest tourist spots of Faridabad in the National Capital Region is Camp Wild Dhauj.
This farmhouse located off the Gurgaon-Faridabad highway, surrounded by lush green farms and fresh air amidst the Aravalli Hills, is an amazing venue for a party in nature. Not only for parties, but the farmhouse can be an incredible venue for small, boutique, lovely weddings and marriages. This farmhouse is the only place in NCR with an unbelievable backdrop of the Aravali Hills.
The best season to visit the camp is the winter season, however, the best season is from October to March. During the winters, many couples and families come to Camp Wild Dhauj to spend their weekends. One can spend a full day and even up to 3 nights over here with never-ending experiences. Whether you come for a day or up to three nights also, there are enough activities and experiences to do. The camp has a cafe that serves delectable home-cooked style food with personalized services, which can also include pure vegetarian and Jain food on request.
You can also customize your food according to your choice. Lastly, what can not be missed is experiencing the bonfire at Camp Wild Dhauj. The warmth of the bonfire in chilly evenings along with BBQ and drinks with songs on your lips, can not be described but only experienced at Camp Wild Dhauj. It is the only place in the entire Delhi NCR that provides you with many adventure activities as well as trekking and hiking.
A host of adventure activities are available here such as natural rock climbing, obstacle course, low ropes course, rappelling, ziplines, sky cycle, trekking, hiking, paintball, zorbing, camel rides, tractor rides, visit the village, and an animal orphanage and many many more.
If you live in Faridabad, and you are looking for a weekend getaway near Faridabad, nothing could be better recommended for you. The camp is owned and operated by the famous adventure travel company Holiday Moods Adventures, which is an ISO 9001:2015 certified experiential adventure travel company top rated by National Geographic Adventure and is a fully licensed multiple award-winning company since 1997.
The Aravali Range, an eroded stub of ancient mountains, is the oldest range of Fold Mountains in India. The natural history of the Aravali Range dates back to a pre-Indian subcontinental collision with the mainland Eurasian Plate. It is part of the Indian Shield that was formed from a series of cratonic collisions. In ancient times, Aravali was extremely high but have worn down almost completely by millions of years of weathering. The Aravali Range joins two of the ancient earth's crust segments that make up the greater Indian Craton, the Aravalli Craton, and the Bundelkhand Craton generally found in the interiors of tectonic plates.
Haryana Aravali ranges, in the west contains basement rocks that are quartzite with chiastolite, the upper layers of quartz porphyry ring dyke, felsites, welded tuff and muscovite biotite granite rocks have commercially nonviable tin, tungsten and copper.
> The Aravali Range has been site of three broad stages of human history,
> early stone age saw the use of flintstones
> mid-stone age saw the domestication of cattle for agriculture
Post stone age saw the development of the Kalibangan civilization, 4,000 years old Ahar civilization and 2,800 years old Ganeshwar civilization, Aarayan civilization and Vedic era civilizations.
Mining - Mining of copper and other metals in the Aravali range dates back to at least 5th century BC Flora - The Aravali Range has several forests with a diversity of environment.
Fauna - The Aravali Range is rich in wildlife. The first 2017 wildlife survey of 200 square meter area across five districts (Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mewat, Rewari and Mahendergarh) of Haryana found 14 species, including leopards, striped hyena, golden jackal, nilgai, palm civet, wild pig, rhesus macaque, peafowl and Indian crested porcupine
Accommodation at The Camp
The setup includes 13 Unique Lodges and 12 Deluxe Tents, the camp resort is spread over 12 acres of land. Most of the adventures are available here. Host of activities such as Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Flying fox, Sky Cycling, Zorbing, Cycling, Obstacle course, Private forest, lots of team building games, etc. The camp has featured magazines such as “Time Out” & TV channels such as CNN IBN, CNBC, and NDTV Metro, etc.
Picture Gallery - Click Here
PERSONAL INSTRUCTOR FOR EACH GROUP
Our USP of the experience is our group size to Instructor ratio, which means that each group gets a personal instructor. We usually keep a group size of around 20 people for quality experience in all activities. Your instructor will be appointed at the start of the day and will remain with till the end of the activity/ day.
Weekend Getaway in the Aravali Range
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM
(Covering Adventure & Communities)
● Local school visit
● Tree plantation activity
● Adventure Activities session on Natural Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Low rope obstacle course
● Trek to the Hidden Lake
● Insight of village life - Make fuel cakes from cow dung, bathe a cow, cut fodder, work on a farm
● Visit an Animal Shelter
● Tractor Ride (can be added to the program)
● Camel Safari(can be added to the program)
Itinerary - 4 DAYS/ 3 NIGHTS
DAY1 ARRIVE CAMP WILD / ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
● Arrive at the camp
● Welcome and lodge/ tents allocations
● Engage in adventure activities such as – Natural Rock Climbing, Rappelling (In winters, the sunsets around 6:00p.m)
● Soup & Bonfire
● Dinner and overnight (MEALS – Lunch, Eve Tea with snack, Soup, Dinner)
DAY 2 HIDDEN LAKE TREK & LOW ROPE COURSE ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
● Wake Up for a great sunrise from behind the Aravali
● Post breakfast, we trek to explore a hidden lake secretly tucked away about 5kms from the camp. The return trek is for about 10 kms.
● Return back to the camp for lunch at 1400hrs
● Visit the Obstacle Course – Burma Loops, Monkey Crawl, Swinging Tyres, Heebie Jeebie Combo, Burma Bridge, Planks/log/loop bridge, Twin rope missing planks bridge, Cat Walk, Commando Net, Tunnel Crawl, Hop Skotchetc
● Soup & Bonfire
● Dinner and overnight (MEALS – Breakfast, Lunch, Eve Tea with snack, Soup, Dinner) 4
Day3 FARM VISIT/ ANIMAL ORPHANAGE VISIT
• Post breakfast, we visit the village Selakhari - An opportunity of experiencing the village life and daily chores - Fodder cutting,, water supply to the farms through tubewelletc. a culmination of rural culture, customs and history. The walk will cover various rural elements and get an unparalleled experience. We will take you to local villagers’ houses, getting a first hand experience of seeing hand pumps, tube wells, fodder cutters, cattle rearing, milking and trying or observing magnificent Indian rural hookah.
ANIMAL SHELTER & ORGANIC FARM
● The Animal Shelter started as recently as in 2013, takes care of 320 Dogs, 60 Large Animals including cows, bulls, buffaloes, horses, donkeys, mules 17 Emus, 35 Cats, 40 Rabbits, 50 Ducks and Geese and many birds. The struggle is to raise 6 Lakhs a month to take care of the animals. With the construction of the shelter completed in February 2013, the dogs have moved in, and are enjoying their new home. The shelter is located on a 2.5 acre plot alongside the organic farm. The endeavor is to synergies the existence of all beings with environment ensuring discrimination free harmony.
· Walk back to the camp for lunch
● Post lunch, engage in adventure activities–Zip Line
● Post evening tea, we go for a sunset hike to the top of the Aravali Hill
● Soup & Bonfire
● Dinner and overnight
MEALS – Breakfast, Lunch, Eve Tea with snack, Soup, Dinner
DAY 4 OFFSET CARBON FOOTPRINTS / DEPARTURE
● Post early breakfast, Offset our Carbon Footprints – Plantation of a tree in order to offset the carbon footprints generated.
MEALS – Breakfast
~ END OF PROGRAM ~